Thursday, June 23, 2011

Soccer Champs

I'm afraid our children were blessed with my athletic ability! I love the idea of sports but never have been very good at them...and my husband has no interest in them at all. So i knew the molding of little athletes in the Barfield home was totally and completely on my shoulders. So six weeks ago i did it!! I signed my 3 &4 yr old up for soccer...and just as I suspected they are not natural born athletes! Game day however, is the most exciting day of my week!! Hysterical!! I was sitting there giggling at a game last week, watching each kid do there own thing.There was the kid  kicking the ball the wrong way, the kid wandering  off the field to say he was bored, the kid pouting because somebody took the ball from him, the kids running up and down the field in a group and never touching the ball, and of  course the kid that makes every goal and carries the team. No matter what the circumstance, or how lacking a kid is in their soccer skills, when that whistle blows you would think those kids were professional MVP's, and just won the world cup!!  Each parent is giddy with delight at their kids performance!! So my thought is this....I hope our Heavenly Father treats us like parents treat their kids after a pee-wee soccer game!! I hope no matter what.... if one kid carried the game, or if we kicked the ball the wrong way, got bored and walked off the field, cried because we didn't get to touch the ball, or sat there and picked the flowers i hope when life is done and  he greets us, i hope it's with the same enthusiasm!! I hope he throws his arms around us and says, "WOO HOO!! YOU WERE AMAZING!"  "YOU DID SO GREAT!!" YOU WERE OUT THERE TRYING SO HARD AND I'M PROUD OF YOU!!" Even if we  weren't the best at the game i hope we get points for playing!

4 comments:

  1. I love it! Yay for heather having a blog, you have such a fun way of looking at life, it is fun to read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Heather. I needed that. I had such a rough day with the kids today and I definitely wasn't cheering them on. I better go repent and go start cheering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm soo excited about your blog! I too love the way you look at things. Can't wait to read more! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heather I love your blog! Keep writing - the world needs you!

    ReplyDelete